For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
4 + 1 Accelerated Program
The 4+1 program is aimed at the eligible, high-achieving cadet who is prepared to launch their graduate education in their senior year of undergraduate studies.
The schedule for each program is noted under each program's web page.
4+1 Cost Benefit Details:
- The 4+1 discount applies to first two graduate semesters (Please Note: Graduate semesters are different than undergraduate semesters)
- The cost of the first year of your graduate classes can not be taken into consideration when determining your aid eligibility for your senior year
- If you have excess undergraduate financial aid in your senior year
- And you have submitted a Title IV Authorization Form (found on FA Self Service Portal) giving us permission to use your financial aid for non-mandatory charges
- We will apply the excess aid toward the graduate costs
- Otherwise, you must pay out of pocket for the graduate classes
- Full course price begins in the summer
- The only financial aid that is available during the summer are private, credit-based loans
- You may file a FAFSA to borrow through the Federal Unsubsidized Stafford Loan Program to assist with your fall and winter graduate costs during year 2 of the program.
- You may not use this aid retro-actively to pay for any graduate classes taken prior the fall of year 2