For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Although current local risk is low, we want to give you some tips regarding Coronavirus as we may expect more cases in the United States over the coming weeks.
Key Points - if you have traveled internationally in the last 2 weeks or an area in the United States with Coronavirus outbreaks:
- if it was outside an approved MMA program, please notify Health Services
- if you traveled internationally in the last 2 weeks or an area in the United States with Coronavirus outbreaks and develop:
- difficulty breathing
Seek medical care right away. If it is your doctor or the ER call ahead and tell them of your symptoms and travel.
If on campus, self-isolate in your room, do not have other people enter, and notify Health Services for guidance (508-830-5048)
Stay informed and keep a look out for more information. This will take everyone working together to keep the Maritime and greater Community safe.
Common Sense Prevention Steps (same as the flu):
- avoid international travel at this time if able, especially to high risk countries or regions
- good hand washing with soap and water for 20 seconds
- use hand sanitizer often
- avoid touching face with your hands
- avoid larger crowds in small places
- keep distance (3-6 feet) from people with cough/flu like symptoms
If you have symptoms (even without recent travel) - cough, fever, short of breath:
- cough into your elbow
- wash hands and use hand sanitizer often
- use and discard tissues
- notify Health Services or your Doctor
- do not come to work or classes
- do not travel if sick
The MMA Medical Team