For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Emergency Management Learning Outcomes
- Understand the four phases of Emergency Management; mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery applied across an All Hazards/Whole Community approach to Emergency Management.
- Understand scientific principles involved in the development of mitigation and preparedness policies, strategies and tactics.
- Understand scientific principles involved in the development of multi-level response and recovery policies, strategies and tactics.
- Understand the social science components of Emergency Management related to government, the private sector, to non-governmental organizations, and to individuals.
- Understand the Incident Command System as it relates to national preparedness goals.
- Assess the use of emergency management related technologies across phases of Emergency Management.