For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
MSSEP Learning Outcomes
- Understand the principal ecological, geological, and chemical characteristics of marine and coastal environments.
- Understand current environmental problems and risk to effectively manage marine resources, coastal zones, and hazardous materials.
- Be able to utilize geographic information systems (GIS) for planning and management applications.
- Master practices in marine and industrial safety.
- Understand written and oral communication within the environmental profession.
- Use the scientific method to construct and execute research projects in aquatic environments.
- Gain exposure to a career in MSSEP during cooperative experiences and internships.