For over 100 years, Massachusetts Maritime Academy has been preparing women and men for exciting and rewarding careers on land and sea. As the nation's finest co-ed maritime college, MMA challenges students to succeed by balancing a unique regimented lifestyle with a typical four-year college environment. As a member of the cadet corps you will live, study, sail, work and play in an atmosphere that encourages you to be your best.
Polar Affairs SS-3249
Search our entire collection from the Library's main search box.
Hint: To limit to books, choose the book/ebook limit on the left side of the results screen.
Books and eBooks
These books are on Reserve, in the Library:
- Fairhall, David, Cold Front: Conflict Ahead in Arctic Waters. Berkeley: Counterpoint, 2010.
- Bickel, Lennard, Mawson’s Will. The Greatest Survival Story Every Written. Foreword by Sir Edmund Hillary. Hanover, NH: Steerforth Press, 2000.
- Klare, Michael, The Race for What’s Left. The Global Scramble for the World’s Last Resources. New York: Picador, 2012.
- McGhee, Robert, The Last Imaginary Place. A Human History of the Arctic World. Chicago: UCP, 2005.
These are online
- Pincus, Rebecca, Saleem H Ali, and James Gustave Speth, Diplomacy On Ice. Yale University Press, 2015.
- Dodds, Klaus and Mark Nuttall, The Scramble for the Poles. Cambridge, UK: Polity Press, 2017.
Environment articles from both domestic and international journals.
|Energy & Power Source Includes publications dealing with energy industry-related issues.|
Covers aspects of human impact to the environment.
|Academic Search Premier
A multi-disciplinary database.
|Nexis Uni (a.k.a. Lexis Nexis)
For newspapers, business and law.
Scientific and technical scholarly research articles. To get article PDFs, you will need to click on the order button to enter your contact information, and the library will email you the articles within 1-3 days. The order button is located in results lists and on article pages:
Topic Overviews and Arguments
Current issue overviews, historical backgrounds, chronologies and pro/con lists.
|Issues & Controversies in American History
Combines authoritative factual accounts with in-depth explanations of opposing points of view.
|Opposing Views in Context
Current issues with pro/con viewpoint essays and topic overviews.
Free Document Delivery
Fill out the online form if you need books or journal articles we do not have in print or online.
We'll get your research materials from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery.
Get Research Help